The information contained below is general in its nature and should not be taken as a comprehensive explanation of the points covered. Please use the information below as a starting point only and call us if you require any further clarification.
What are your normal business hours?
7.30 to 5.00 Monday to Thursday
7.30 to 4.00 Friday
Do you have a minimum charge?
Our minimum charge during our normal business hours is 1 hour’s labour, plus a vehicle service charge, plus GST. Any materials used are additional to this charge. The vehicle service charge covers use of vehicle, fuel etc.
What is your hourly rate?
Our hourly rates are very reasonable. Our rates for domestic maintenance are in the mid-range for plumbing work within Hawkes Bay. We also offer very competitive rates for larger quoted projects. Please feel free to contact us to discuss this further.
Do you charge a call-out fee?
Yes we do, but only for any “after-hours” work.
Does it cost me more for work over the weekend or after hours.
Yes. For work carried out after-hours, we charge a minimum fee. Labour over and above this amount is then also charged out at “after-hours” rates. Materials are additional to this charge. Please note additional charges apply to any work carried out on statutory holidays.
What if I need a tradesman urgently?
Please call us on 876 5057 (even after-hours) and we will be able to tell you how quickly we can arrive to help.
When do I have to pay you?
Our invoice will be forwarded to you as soon as possible, after completion of the work. Full payment of our invoice is required by the 20th of the following month. For some jobs, we may require a deposit. Please refer to our terms of trade on the back of our invoices or click here to read in full.
Do you provide free quotes?
Are you members of the Master Plumbers Association?
What do I do if I am unhappy with your workmanship?
Please call us on 876 5057 with your concerns and they will be addressed quickly and effectively.
Where are you located?
107 Stoneycroft Street, Hastings.
What methods of payment do you accept?
We accept payment by internet banking, cash or cheque. Unfortunately as this stage we do not accept eftpos.
What can I do to keep the charge to a minimum.
Here are a few ideas that may help you to save money.
- Ensure you describe your plumbing problem as fully as possible. This helps our tradesman to assess what tools and parts they may need. All tradesman carry general amounts of stock items, but it is not possible to carry everything that may be required.
- Clear the area as much as you can. It will save time if our tradesman does not have to clear the area where they are working.
- Know where your water toby is located. Quite often we need to turn off the water supply to make repairs. If you now where this is located, and that it is in a workable condition, this will reduce the need for us to search for it.
- Is your hot water cylinder “low” or “mains” pressure. The pressure affects the type of tapware, shower fittings and valves that may need replaced or repaired.
- Have a drainage plan of where your sewer system is located. In most cases this may be able to be obtained through the local council by you, at no cost.